Security Officer -Lovelace Roswell Regional Hospital
Lovelace Regional Hospital- Roswell is committed to offering Roswell and Chaves County residents the highest quality patient care. We are dedicated to exceeding our patients’ expectations in every way.
Summary of Job Duties:
Provides personal, equipment, and property security for assigned area. May provide patient restraints in the ER for patient and employee safety as needed. May provide information, directions, and escort service as needed. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
1) Provides personal, equipment, and property security for assigned area to include but not limited to patrolling and examining assigned areas on foot or in a vehicle; may provide patient restraints in the ER for patient and employee safety as needed.
2) Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
3) Informs and warns violators of rule infractions such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
4) Provides information, directions, and escort service as needed.
5) Reports areas of concerns and emergencies, such as safety and security hazards; contacts appropriate authorities (APD, AFD, etc. as necessary) giving descriptive information.
6) Maintains and complete necessary reports and documentation.
7) Takes ownership of assignments; other duties as assigned or requested.
8) Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge.
9) Cooperates and interacts with supervisors, peers, other departments, and all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to “service”.
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; Ability to deal with stressful and emergency situations; Ability to follow instructions and adhere to policies and procedures; Ability to work independently.
One (1) year of related experience
Desired: Hospital environment
CPR Certification, desired. In order to drive a Lovelace owned vehicle you must possess a valid NM driver’s license on your person and not have had any moving violations within the last three years and no DUI’s within the last five years.