You’re going to LOVE Lovelace!
About us: Lovelace Medical Center is a patient-centered hospital featuring state-of-the-art equipment and a round-the-clock Emergency Department. We offer high-quality, high-tech medicine in a facility that has become a symbol of health and wellness in the heart of the city we serve.
Lovelace Medical Center is hiring a RN, Case Manager (Part time)
- Under the general direction of the Case Management Director, assists in the collaboration, research, development, implementation, revision and reporting of the resource management program.
- Working with all appropriate members of the health care team, ensure coordination of patient care through the development and use of standards of patient care and nursing practices.
- Ensure that specific outcomes are achieved and that variances from the established and accepted parameters are evaluated and addressed as necessary.
- Will perform many high level patient care activities to include admission assessment, screening for appropriateness, standards assignments and monitoring, development of plan to address physical and psychosocial needs, and coordinate services for discharge planning and patient/family teaching
- Minimum of two years experience in a hospital setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess an associate level degree from an accredited school of nursing or allied health field.
- Prefer Bachelors Level RN.
- Current State Registered Nurse License required.
- Minimum keyboard/typing. Word processing (or Excel) skills or other computer related skills. Ability to read handwritten or typed information, write, comprehend and use verbal communication.
- Ability to operate computer keyboard with data entry skill. Ability to operate fax machine.
- Ability to operate telephone/cell phone.
- Manual dexterity required in use of keyboard, calculator, and turning pages of records.
- Knowledge of Interqual criteria.
- Knowledge of UM certification/recertification process. Knowledge of uses and content of the health record and laboratory values for communication to UR companies.
- Familiarity with QIO requirements for Medicare recipients.
Named to Becker’s Hospital Review’s list of 100 Hospitals with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs
Truven Health Analytics named Lovelace Health System among the top 20 percent of health systems in the country, and is the only health system recognized for this honor in New Mexico
Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Hospital Review