Tech / Patient Care - LOVELACE REGIONAL HOSPITAL- Roswell
Roswell is committed to offering Roswell and Chaves County residents the highest quality patient care. We are dedicated to exceeding our patients’ expectations in every way.
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager or RN and within the scope of training and guidelines of the hospital policies, performs basic patient care tasks, within the scope of training and guidelines of the hospital policies. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
1) Performs all duties of PCT as defined by department PCT competencies.
2) Greets patients and escorts them to exam room. Weighs patients, takes vital signs and patient history, and documents chief complaint.
3) Prepares exam room for next patient and assures supplies are available for exam; may schedule appointments and obtains referral when necessary.
4) Maintains safety practices according to hospital policy to ensure safe delivery of patient care.
5) Maintains effective communication with patients, families, peers, and other departments.
6) Collaborates with members of the healthcare team. Maintains patient confidentiality.
7) Takes ownership of assignments; other duties as assigned or requested.
8) Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge.
9) Cooperates and interacts with supervisor, peers, other departments, and all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to “service”.
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Desired: Completion of a Medical Assistant, Nurse Tech, or Certified Nursing Assistant program.
Technical/Formal Training: Experience in Phlebotomy or completion of a Phlebotomy course is preferred
Knowledge of medical terminology and telematrey preferred.
Desired: Experience in a healthcare setting