LOVELACE CENTRAL BUSINESS OFFICE
Patient Account Rep
You’re going to LOVE Lovelace!
Lovelace Shared Services: Organizational support departments for all Lovelace facilities including Coding, Finance, Health Information Management, Revenue Cycle, Marketing, and the Resource Team. We are dedicated to exceeding our customers’ expectations in every way.
Lovelace Shared Services is now hiring a Patient Account Representative - AR Collections & Follow Up.
- The Patient Account Representative is responsible for processing billing and collection assignments in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Manages and reconciles accounts, update and document financial data.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: 2-3 years of Professional Billing environment, experience with computerized word processing and spreadsheet applications, experience in a hospital or other health setting, prior experience with Physician Professional Billing, experience in dealing with, both in writing and verb. Radiology experience preferred.
- ICD-9 and CPT-4 knowledge,
- Must be able to type 35 wpm
- 1-2 years of Professional Billing environment
- Experience as an active team member
- Experience in reaching satisfactory resolution in both training and audit processes
- Experience in dealing with high levels of stress
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate stress filled situations to achieve satisfactory conclusions
- Experience in monitoring and goal setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have a working knowledge of computer systems and office equipment, should be familiar with Medicare fraud and abuse issues
- Experience with public speaking - explaining basic hospital charges, payments, and adjustments, accurate data entry and error correction skills
- Familiarity with Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, as well as other payment programs that our patients may question
- Sound understanding of the contractual adjustment system of posting.
Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review
Named one of the Best Places to Work by Albuquerque Business First
Named Top Workplace by Albuquerque Journal, 2013, 2014 and 2015
Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to Work five times since 2008