You’re going to LOVE Lovelace!
Lovelace Medical Group providers are known for their commitment to quality and delivery of compassionate health care. We are comprised of experienced, skilled providers who embrace advanced medical care. Lovelace Medical Group, including Southwest Medical Associates, is committed to delivering team-based, coordinated medical care in a cost-effective environment to communities served by our hospitals and health plans.
Lovelace Medical Group is now hiring a Controller for the Accounting Team!
The Controller manages all strategic, operational, fiscal and personnel aspects of the financial reporting and analysis function. Responsible for the management of consolidated and organizational reporting; coordinates financial inputs and outputs with all of business financial support groups. Adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Manages internal and external reporting. Assists with business operations regarding the development of budgets and forecasts.
- Manages all activities related to GAAP audits and related information requests. Assist Lovelace Medical Group financial staff with needed financial deliverables related to statutory compliance and audit activities.
- Manages development and financial support to develop performance metrics for all appropriate levels in the organization.
- Manages G/L and related account maintenance. Provides the required G/L information to responsible business unit management. Oversees management of accounting functions.
- Creates integrated financial reporting and analysis structure for senior management presentation.
- Develops and supervises staff to include but not limited to administering evaluations, training, and disciplinary actions
- Takes ownership of assignments, special projects, pilot programs; other duties as assigned or requested.
- Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge.
- Cooperates and interacts with supervisors, peers, other departments and all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to “service”.
- Meets Budget (Operating & Capital) for assigned areas.
- Mentors, coaches, develop subordinates to accomplish goals.
- Develops policies, processes, strategies and goals that support Department/Corporation direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative business discipline such as accounting finance, or economics.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Compile complex reports and develop presentation. Excellent problem solving skills, strong financially based PC software skills including: Excel, Word, Access. Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Seven (7) years of previous job related experience of which two years must have been in a management capacity. Healthcare experience is REQUIRED!
Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review
Named one of the Best Places to Work by Albuquerque Business First
Named Top Workplace by Albuquerque Journal, 2013, 2014 and 2015
Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to Work five times since 2008