Lovelace Health System is now hiring- Pharmacist- Emergency Medicine Specialist
The Emergency Department Specialist Pharmacist provides specialized expert clinical pharmaceutical services in collaboration with central pharmacy staff to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes to patients admitted to the Emergency Department (ED). The Emergency Department Specialist Pharmacist performs a range of clinical, consultative, and administrative services in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities and duties may include the following:
Clinical Pharmacy Services:
- Optimize transitions of care from the Emergency Department.
- Facilitate preparation and dispensing of medications on the unit for immediate need and/or high risk medications.
- Prospectively review medication orders and perform order entry duties only as appropriate
- Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- ASHP accredited PGY1 residency (preferred) or equivalent experience (required). Minimum of 2 years as a clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting (equivalent to PGY1).
- PGY2 residency or equivalent experience (preferred). Three - five years experience as a clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting (equivalent to PGY2).
- Minimum of 12 months experience in Critical Care/Emergency Medicine setting (required).
- Current License to practice Pharmacy in the State of NM.
- NM pharmacist preceptor license.
- IV Certification or must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Board Certification (BCPS or BCCCP) or must obtain within 3 years of date of position.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support or must obtain within 60 days of date of position.